Feeling a bit sluggish today? While a slug may not be the cutest animal to make a soft toy from, this one was a big hit with my daughter.
We are very excited to be part of this sew-a-softie series. Every day for the rest of
- Two squares of purple felt
- Assorted colours of felt
- White and black felt for the slug’s eyes
- Pink thread
- Hot glue and glue gun
To make the slug:
- Download the template.
- Cut out the felt shapes.
- Pin the front and back pieces together.
- Sew a blanket stick around the slug.
- Once you have sewn around both antennas and the eyes, fill each with stuffing.
- Leave a small gap near the end and fill the slug with stuffing.
- Sew up the gap.
- Glue on the eyes and mouth.
- Glue on the assorted felt shapes to the bottom half of the slug’s body.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you’re looking for more