July is Sew a Softie month and over the next few weeks, bloggers from around the world will share their Sew a Softie tutorials. Check out the other bloggers at Sew-A-Softie Facebook page and become inspired to make one project with your child. Maybe your children will also become inspired to make their own softies.
What you need:
30 cm x 22 cm Pink Felt
20 cm x 20 cm Yellow Felt
Orange sewing thread
- Print and cut out the seahorse pattern.
- Pin the pattern onto your felt.
- Cut out the pieces of felt.
- Pin the dorsal fin together and sew two parallel lines from the base to the end of the fins.
- Pin one yellow stomach to one pink seahorse and sew a row of horizontal lines onto the yellow felt.
- Do the same to the other seahorse.
- Glue the eyes together.
- Sew or glue the eyes onto the seahorse.
- Place the coronet and dorsal fin in their positions and pin the front and back together.
- Starting from the base of the coronet, sew up along the seahorse’s head.
- Once you have passed the coronet, change your stitch to a blanket stitch and sew all the way around the seahorse until you reach the base of the dorsal fin.
- Change your sewing stitch to a plain stitch and sew along the dorsal fin.
- There should be an opening from the tip of the dorsal fin to the base of the coronet.
- Stuff with polyester fiberfill, then sew the gap closed with a blanket stitch.
I hope you will love making our seahorse!
PIN FOR LATER!