Here is a fun and easy bracelet for kids to make themselves. All you will need are paper straws and embroidery thread. We made our paper straw ourselves, but you can use store-bought paper straws as well.
What you need:
To make the paper straws:
- Cut strips of paper 3cm x 30cm
- Colour in the strips with felt pens
- Add glue on one end and along one side of the paper.
- Starting from the unglued corner, roll the paper up using a wooden craft stick.
- Once the paper is completely rolled into a tube, slip it off the stick.
- Allow the glue to dry completely before cutting the ends of the straw.
- Cut the straws into 3cm lengths.
Now, to make the bracelet:
- Cut embroidery thread 80cm long.
- Fold in half and tie a loop.
- Attach the loop with tape or a pin.
- Thread one end of the thread through the straw, and then thread the opposite thread end through the opposite end of the straw.
- Pull both ends of the thread so that the straw moves up to meet the loop.
- Repeat these steps until you reach the desired length for the bracelet.
- Tie a knot at the last paper straw to finish off the bracelet.
- To wear the bracelet, thread one of the embroidery thread ends through the loop and tie a knot with the other embroidery thread end.
- Trim off the excess thread.
Pin for Pinterest!