This craft post is inspired by our origami fish post. I turned the origami fish upright and it looked like a cactus! So, I made a few alterations to make it look more like a cactus in a paper pot.
To make the origami pot:
- you will need a square piece of paper 12 cm x 12cm.
- Fold the piece of origami paper diagonally to make a triangle.
- Fold the bottom right corner to the left edge.
- Fold the bottom left corner to the right edge.
- Fold the front flap downward.
- Fold the back flap downward.
To make the cactus:
- Cut a paper rectangle 12 x 9 cm.
- Accordion-fold the rectangle.
- Fold the rectangle in half.
- Open up the fold, glue along the inside of the fold, and re-fold.
- Scrunch up a piece of pink paper to make a flower.
- Glue the flower on top of the cactus.
- Add glue to the bottom and sides of the cactus.
- Stick the cactus inside the paper cup.
- Open out the fan and hold until it forms a cactus shape.