To make this very simple Christmas tree, all you need are bright-coloured plastic straws, a wooden skewer, Play-Doh, and a toilet roll.
- Cut the toilet roll in half.
- Cut a rectangle of felt 15.5cm x 8cm.
- Add hot glue to both ends of the felt.
- Roll the toilet roll up in felt, sealing the felt onto the toilet roll.
- Cut lots of plastic straws into 4 different lengths.
- Punch a hole through the centre of each straw.
- Place some Play-Doh onto a plastic lid and secure the wooden skewer into the Play-Doh.
- Place the felt roll over the skewer.
- Thread on the longest straws first, arranging them in different directions.
- Keep adding the straws until they fill the skewer, leaving a small gap at the top of the skewer,
- Draw and cut out a yellow paper star and glue it to the top of the skewer.
Isn’t it sweet? We have ours on display as part of our Christmas decorations this year.