We have been making a few paintings using pointillism as a technique. We usually use cotton buds, but this time we used the end of a wooden stick and the results looked amazing. First, download the printable here.
- Paint the pineapple leaves with green paint and allow to dry.
- With cotton buds or the end of a wooden stick, fill in the pineapple with yellow dots and allow to dry.
- Cut 10 strips of yellow paper about 0.5 cm in width.
- Cut out the painted pineapple leaves.
- Add the first five strips diagonally across the pineapple.
- Add the next five strips on the opposite diagonal across the pineapple.
- Trim off the loose ends to tidy up the pineapple.
- Glue the pineapple onto a coloured sheet of cardboard, leaving the top of the pineapple unglued.
- Glue the pineapple leaves in layers, starting from the largest leaves to the smallest.
- Glue the unglued top of the pineapple over the Pineapple leaves.
I hope you find dot art as much fun as we did!
Pin for Pinterest!