Here is a simple recipe to make your own floam! This recipe is a slimier floam than the store-bought version. You can, however, still mould and shape this floam, and have lots of fun playing with it!
What you need:
2 tablespoons borax
1/2 cup of hot water
1/2 cup Elmer’s school glue
1/4 cup hot water
1 1/2 cup polystyrene beads
2 Ziplock bags
1. Mix the borax and ½ cup hot water mix until the borax dissolves.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the glue and 1/4 cup of hot water.
3. Pour the polystyrene beads into a Ziplock bag.
4. Add the borax mixture and then the glue mixture to the bag of polystyrene beads.
5. Seal the bag and mix the contents in the bag with your hands.
6. Once the mixture in the bag has thickened to floam, halve the mixture and place the second half into another Ziplock bag.
7. Add several drops of food coloring to the bags. I used blue in one bag and yellow in the other.
8. Seal the bags and mix in the colors so the floam changes to the colors you’ve chosen.
9. Once the floam has reached a stiffer consistency, you can take it out of the bag and start molding, stretching, and rolling the floam.
For more slime videos, subscribe to our channel and check out the other slime and play-dough recipes!