Owls seem to be a classic Halloween image and this craft is very easy for children to make on their own.
The owl requires some origami folding and the owls features are decorated with a black ink pen.
We made several owls in different colours and arranged them on a branch to use as a pretty decoration for the whole autumn season. However, this owl also makes a great finger puppet.
You will need:
Origami paper 15cm x15cm
Black ink pen
- Fold the paper diagonally.
- Fold the bottom right corner to the left edge.
- Fold the bottom left edge to the right edge.
- Tuck the flaps into the cup.
- Turn the cup upside down.
- Draw on the owl’s features.
- With your thumb, push the base of the cup inwards to make the owl’s ears.