Here is our second spring craft from our spring/ Easter series. These sweet flowers and flower pots are quite simple to make and they look fabulous as a spring decoration. Consider adding a mini Easter egg to make the flower pot the perfect Easter gift.
What you need:
Green plastic straw
8cm x 8cm paper for the flower pots
- Hole punch a small paper circle;
- Cut eight 5cm x 1cm paper strips;
- Fold in half and glue the ends together;
- Glue the petals to the edge of the paper circle;
- Glue a green straw to the back of the flower;
- Shred thin strips of brown paper and scrunch into balls this will be used as the soil for the pot;
- Fold the paper diagonally.
- Fold the bottom right corner to the left edge.
- Fold the bottom left edge to the right edge.
- Tuck the flaps into the cup.
Assemble the flower and flower pot:
- Add a ball of play dough inside the origami pot so the pot will sit upright;
- Stand the flower into the playdough ball;
- Fill the pot with the scrunched up paper.
How sweet are these flower pots?