This cheeky cockatoo is simple to make and its beak actually moves! We made the cockatoo as a stop motion puppet so, with the moving beak and detachable eyes, you can make him/her talk and look in different directions. And the materials are as basic as a toilet roll, paper, and cardboard.
Download Template Here!
Grey pipe cleaners
Two small brads
- Start by painting the cardboard tube white.
- Then, cut a rectangle 15cm x 6cm from a sheet of yellow paper.
- Accordion fold the paper.
- Cut two rectangles 18cm x 8cm from a sheet of white paper.
- Make two legs from a grey pipe cleaner.
- Print out the template, cut out the beak, and trace the shape on grey cardboard.
- Make four small holes at the sides of the beak.
- Attach holes with brads
- Glue on the beak.
- Glue on the eyes.
- Attach the yellow paper crest to the top of the toilet roll.
- Attach the wings to both sides of the cockatoo body.
- Glue on the legs.
Our next post will provide instructions for making our sweet cockatoo a friend!