We decided to make another version of our original bat finger puppet for Halloween. The body of the puppet is an origami cup which will require some easy origami folding, but the rest of the bat is a free downloaded template.
To make a bat finger puppet, follow these easy instructions.
You will need:
Black origami paper 15cm x15cm
To make the puppet:
- Fold the paper diagonally.
- Fold the bottom right corner to the left edge.
- Fold the bottom left edge to the right edge.
- Tuck the flaps into the cup.
- Download, print, and cut out the template.
- Turn the cup upside down and glue on the bat wings.
- With your thumb, push the base of the cup inwards to make the bats ears.
- Glue on the eyes and fangs.
Now your bat is ready to play with!
We made a night scene picture as a backdrop. Using grey and white pastels, we coloured in the moon on black construction paper. We cut out the moon and glued it onto some dark blue cardstock. My daughter then used her finger puppet against the backdrop to make it appear that the bat was flying at night.